Friday, October 25, 2013

Shifting the Purpose of This Blog

One of the greatest things about pressing through discomfort is the fruit that it yields.   The journey iteslf, enduring adversity, is one which cultivates great strength, growth, and maturity.  But besides all of that, we also get to experience moments of sheer delight as a result of working hard and pressing through the discomfort of daily life.  From now on, until the end of my service, I'd like to focus on those moments here on this page.

If I spent much of the first year in Peace Corps Armenia pressing through various challenges like adjustment, isolation, and being part of a minority here, I’d like to spend much of my second year enjoying the wine of these grapes, or the results of this hard work.  Sure, the work continues, and sure, most of the time it still isn’t easy, but I’d like to highlight the "wine" moments for awhile because I think great encouragement and hope can be drawn from them and so they might be worth sharing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment